Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £33000 - £38000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Registered Manager, Children’s Home
Oldham, Greater Manchester
£33,000 – £38,000
We are currently working with a reputable Residential Childcare Provider to fill a vacancy in one of their homes based in Oldham. The successful candidate will be in charge of a small-medium sized home and will be in charge of the day-to-day operations. Please note that this position has a recruitment deadline of the 11th of September so applications ideally need to be in by Tuesday.
About The role:
- To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints.
- To liaise with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people.
- To actively promote the Home’s equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice policies.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a personal development plan through the Staff Appraisal Programme.
- Establishing a programme of senior staff and team meetings to facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development.
- To contribute to the development of the Company as a whole through membership of the Heads Of Homes Group.
- To receive training appropriate to role and maintain an up to date training profile
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural frame-work for residential care and communicate this to staff as appropriate.
Requirements for a Registered Manager:
- NVQ4 Residential Care or equivalent
- Driving License (Preferred)
- Childcare legislation and Safeguarding knowledge
- Understanding needs of BESD Children
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour-
- Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children
- Has at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]