Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £38000 - £42000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Registered Manager – Children’s Residential Home
Goole & Selby
£38,000 – £42,000
Our client’s sexual trauma services employ a highly focused team of professionals devoted to providing treatments to children between the ages of 11-18. We are currently seeking a committed and dedicated individual to assist with the running of the home, ensuring that the highest standards of care of provided and upholding the mission statement and values of the organisation
About the role:
- To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints.
- To liaise with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people.
- To actively promote the Home’s equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice policies.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a personal development plan through the Staff Appraisal Programme.
- Establishing a programme of senior staff and team meetings to facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development.
- To contribute to the development of the Company as a whole through membership of the Heads Of Homes Group.
- To receive training appropriate to role and maintain an up to date training profile
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural frame-work for residential care and communicate this to staff as appropriate.
- NVQ4 Residential Care or equivalent
- Driving License
- Childcare legislation and Safeguarding knowledge
- Understanding needs of BESD Children
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour
- Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children
- Has at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
Salary: Up to £42,000 / Year – Full Time – Permanent
This job is advertised by James Wright; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact James on 07520 633 102 or at [email protected]