Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £35000 - £37500
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Registered Manager – Children’s Residential Home
£35,000 – £37,500 (Salary Dependent upon Experience)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced, confident and resilient Registered Manager to run one of our clients Children’s residential properties. The role will be within our client’s new home opening in Stockport, providing a safe and supportive environment for 4 children or young persons aged between 8-18.
Applications are therefore welcomed from experienced Registered Managers and Deputy’s looking for the next step in their career with proven ability to support young people who have been the victims of trauma and are extremely vulnerable and experience with leading staff teams.
The role will be an off-shift position working Monday – Friday 9am until 5pm however you may be required to work additional hours as per the needs of the business and the young people we care for. The role will be at our new 4 bedded unit in Stockport which is opening at the end of summer, the home will be working with children and young people who have emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Essential Job Requirements
- Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people
- A commitment to personal development and the acquisition of professional skills and further qualifications
- 3 years’ work experience working with Children and Young People within a residential environment including 2 years at senior level
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of attending formal meetings and preparing formal reports
- Knowledge of child development and appreciation of the needs of children and young people
- Understanding of appropriate legislation & Confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of the National Minimum Standards for residential children’s homes
- Ability to participate in ‘On-Call-Manger’ Rota and take calls out of hours.
- Safe holding and physical intervention
- All driving duties (including driving for long periods)
- Physical activities with the children and young people
- Must hold a full, current, driving license
- Must produce satisfactory enhanced DBS
- Desirable Attributes
- NVQ 4 or Diploma 5, care manager or registered manager award.
- Proven ‘Ofsted’ inspection history
- Experience in a therapeutic setting
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- ‘Pay Care Scheme’, this is a company health care benefit.
- ‘Perk Box’, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well-known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award
- Childcare vouchers, aiming to assist employees with families.
- The successful applicant for the Registered Manager role will be expected to demonstrate commitment to training and development and must be capable of adapting their work practice to the ethos of the home.
Please feel free to contact James on 07520 633 102 or at [email protected] to discuss the opportunity further