Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Rehabilitation Worker (Deaf) | Falkirk | Negotiable rate of pay
- Assess needs and abilities of clients who are referred for training, in order to ascertain suitability for rehabilitation training or other assistance.
- Plan and implement individual rehabilitation programmes according to clients’ needs in order to improve the client’s independence, mobility and or communication.
- Write reports as required and maintain client records using the Social Work Information System (SWIS) and the Falkirk Council IT formats.
- Undertake training and develop skills aimed at increasing the effectiveness of the department’s services where appropriate.
- Provide additional advice, information and assistance to carers, relatives, employers, etc., in order to increase understanding and improve clients’ overall quality of life.
- Contribute to service development through liaison with other key professionals as appropriate in particular, Audiology professionals, Windsor Park School, NDCS and national deaf organisations.
- Make referrals to other services as appropriate.
- Contribute to the delivery of Deaf awareness and Sensory Awareness training for Council Services and external agencies.
- Work with other organisations to set up and/or deliver groups as required for Deaf people in the area.
- Undertake Community Care assessments where appropriate in line with Falkirk Council’s eligibility criteria.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who is passionate about providing excellent social support and the delivery of clean safe care.
This is a temporary position, with the possibility of an ongoing contract subject to your performance, making this a particularly exciting opportunity for applicants.
- The postholder will be required to assess and decide on the most appropriate training programme for the client, including methods, location, timing and instructions. The postholder will be expected to decide when and how to alter training programmes if difficulties arise. Similarly, they will require to judge when to withdraw from training to promote long term independence.
- The postholder will also be required to review equipment and environmental aids held in stock and keep up-to-date with new equipment and environmental aids on the market and so inform future stock lists.
- The postholder will be expected to contribute to developing new policies and procedures as and when required.
- Initiative, flexibility and creativity will be required in both the design and implementation of training programmes and in adapting techniques and plans to solve particular problems.
- The postholder will not be required to make decisions in isolation about how policies and procedures will be developed.
- However, as most work will take place in the field they will at times be required to make quick judgements during instruction work at their own discretion and with no other rehabilitation staff present to advise or comment.
The work in this post is full time, consisting of 37 hours per week in one of the most sought-after locations in the country, Falkirk. This role will be for an amazing, Falkirk based establishment, giving you the opportunity to fulfil your career to its highest potential.
Qualifications: A recognised Rehabilitation Qualification e.g.
Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation Studies or equivalent.
A minimum of BSL Level 2.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free PVG Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Social Care Department.