Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Rehabilitation Worker (Deaf)| Pay Rate Negotiable | Scotland
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who is passionate about providing excellent social support and the delivery of clean safe care.
- Assess needs and abilities of clients who are referred for training, in order to ascertain suitability for rehabilitation training or other assistance.
- Plan and implement individual rehabilitation programmes according to clients’ needs in order to improve the client’s independence, mobility and or communication.
- Write reports as required and maintain client records using the Social Work Information System (SWIS) and the Council IT formats.
- Undertake training and develop skills aimed at increasing the effectiveness of the department’s services where appropriate.
- Provide additional advice, information and assistance to carers, relatives, employers, etc., in order to increase understanding and improve clients’ overall quality of life.
- Contribute to service development through liaison with other key professionals as appropriate in particular, Audiology professionals, Windsor Park School, NDCS and national deaf organisations.
- Make referrals to other services as appropriate.
- Contribute to the delivery of Deaf awareness and Sensory Awareness training for Council Services and external agencies.
- Work with other organisations to set up and/or deliver groups as required for Deaf people in the area.
- Undertake Community Care assessments where appropriate in line with Council’s eligibility criteria.
- Good knowledge of Ophthalmology and Audiology.
- Knowledge of equipment and environmental aids including telecare.
The postholder will be managed by the Team Manager (Sensory Services) who, in turn, is managed by the Service Manager (Community Care) responsible to the Head of Social Work Adult Services.
The work in this post is full time, consisting of 37 hours per week in one of the most sought-after locations in the country, Scotland. This role will be for an amazing, Scotland based establishment, giving you the opportunity to fulfil your career to its highest potential.
Accommodation is available in this post.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free PVG Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Social Care Department.