Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £11 - £11
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a number of temp-to-perm Support Worker’s to work within a Childrens Residential unit in Sandy, Bedfordshire. These positions are initially on a temporary basis for around 3 months and then will become permanent. The hourly rate during the temporary assignment will be £11.00 via an umbrella company. Candidates will need to be in a position where they can work 2 on then 4 off. The shifts are for 24 hours.
To primarily work in the residential area providing guidance, support and encouragement to young people in a variety of settings including classroom, education and off site activities. The job involves enabling young people to develop by providing physical and emotional support. The role is about working as part of a team to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our young people first. Important qualities of this role are being a good role model and conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst on duty or representing the company at outside events.
- To build professional relationships with the young people and other staff at your establishment and throughout the company and disengage from these appropriately.
- To do everything possible to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, this will involve domestic duties.
- To learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way following all policies and procedures.
- To assist young people with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the administration of emergency ‘when required’ medication.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Recent DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 48 hours per week.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.