Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £11.5 - £11.5
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care currently require Support Workers for a children’s residential service based in Corby. The role will involve working directly with young people, typically aged between 10 and 17, whom have emotional behavioural difficulties.
Initially the vacancy is available on a temporary basis with regular full-time or part-time hours available. Candidates would be eligible to receive up to £11.50 per hour.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting the day-to-day running of a children’s residential service in Corby
- Looking after children with challenging or difficult behaviours
- De-escalating situations and setting boundaries in place to help manage behaviours that challenge or could be dangerous.
- Supporting the running of the home with other household duties
- Supporting young peoples emotional, social and educational development and wellbeing
- Acting as an appropriate adult role model and helping young people to develop skills that will equip them for independent living in their adult lives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Level 3 Diploma in Children & Young Person’s Workforce or equivalent would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Previous experience of working directly with children/young people in an EBD environment would be ideal, but candidates who have previous experience of working with challenging behaviours in other environments may be considered
- Full Driving Licence
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Support Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.