Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £10.5 - £10.5
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently seeking to secure the services on an experienced Children’s Residential Support Worker.
Our client is currently in need of some additional support within their Children’s Residential Home and are currently looking to bring an individual on board with a 3-month initial contract. Subject to performance and service requirements the role could transition into a permanent position at the end of the contractual period. Candidates suitable for the role can expect to receive an hourly rate of pay of £10.50ph.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to young people, typically aged between 10 and 17 years old, whom are currently living in the home
- The children that are looked after may have come from backgrounds of trauma or neglect. As such, you will be a vital network to help with their emotional, social and developmental wellbeing.
- The children may also present behaviours which, at times are challenging – so the candidate will need to be resourceful and calm under pressure.
- Manage the day to day running of the service to ensure the home is maintained to a high standard.
Qualifications & Experience
- Level 3 NVQ in Children and Young People’s Workforce (Desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a children’s residential home would be desirable – however candidates who have working in similar challenging environments or worked directly with young people will also be considered
- Enhanced DBS
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a support worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.