Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £17500 - £18500
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Residential Support Worker, Children
Canvey Island / East Tilbury / Westcliff-on-sea
£17,500 – £18,500
We are currently looking for some Residential Support Workers to work with a respectable company who has several homes over the Essex area, the candidate can choose which site to work at and has a choice in between Canvey Island , East Tilbury or Westcliff-on-sea.
About the role:
- To assist in the smooth running of the home, being part of a multidisciplinary team promoting a warm, caring, safe and enjoyable environment.
- To liaise with management and colleagues regarding issues within the home. Updating on progress, or difficulties in relation to staff, or children and to advise if management intervention is needed.
- To attend staff supervision and staff meetings. To make use of all available training and staff development opportunities.
- To promote the health, safety and welfare of all children, including the promotion of their physical, intellectual, social, behavioural and moral development to enable them to mature and develop as responsible members of the community.
- To carry out personal care for children when needed.
- Prepare and participate in care plans and reviews on children and produce reports for reviews, court etc.
- To prepare individual risk assessment and placement plans for children
- Hold the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or a qualification the registered manager considers to be equivalent, if the employee doesn’t hold this qualification it must be completed within 2 years of their start date.
- Appropriate skills and experience with regards to Residential Care for Children
- Experience with Children with Disabilities or challenging behaviour is preferred
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851