Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £9 - £11
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Residential Support Worker to work in the Dorset area.
As a Support Worker you will be working with children. You will need to be able to provide direct support to all patients that use the service and deliver the highest possible quality of social care support to meet the requirements of the service specification.
- To directly provide person-centred supports to service users to assist them to develop their skills, abilities and confidence in all aspects of their daily lives, working in accordance with their Support Plans, including social and recreational activities, housekeeping and household activities, attendance at medical and dental appointments, court etc the provision of personal care where required.
- To operate in compliance with the relevant legislation and National Care Standards, and acknowledged good practice, and in accordance with direct instructions from the Service Manager or other senior colleague.
- To directly provide support and assistance to services users with regard to personal and family relationships, developing links with the wider community, leisure and recreational activities and personal care in accordance with their Support Plans.
- To assist with initial and ongoing assessments of service users at various stages of their engagement with the service.
- To assist the people supported by the service to recognise and exercise their rights and provide an appropriate level of professional support to service users to assist them to make informed choices.
- The candidate should have experience in carrying out assessments or have the knowledge required to do this.
- Experience: Experience working with children, as a support worker.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w, temporary with an opportunity to advance to a permanent role.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Support Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.