Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £28645 - £31580
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for 2 residential support workers to work in children’s homes based in Guernsey. If you are looking for a new permanent position, then apply now.
In this role, you will be responsible for promoting a caring environment which provides children and young people with a high standard of care, meeting individual needs and ensuring children and their families are treated with respect and dignity. We are looking for motivated and confident individuals who are passionate about working with young people in an environment that promotes their social, emotional, physical, behavioural, educational and moral development. Your ability to communicate, motivate and engage with the young people will be essential, advocating on their behalf and supporting them to achieve their potential.
- The post holder will be based in a Group Home where they will provide a safe and secure home for young people up until the age of 18.
- You will work with Children and families in a variety of settings including residential care, leaving care, community placements and family support.
- You will be responsible for promoting a caring environment which provides children and young people with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
- You will be responsible for ensuring a daily routine in the home is maintained which will include administration and domestic tasks including cooking, cleaning and home maintenance.
- You will encourage and assist Young People to attend appointments, meetings and other commitments in helping to establish routines and develop self-reliance.
- Support Workers will also provide support and guidance for Children and Young People in all aspects of their education, health and wellbeing to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Qualifications: To have achieved or be prepared to work toward an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience: A flexible approach to work in order to work a range of shift patterns and take part in a sleep-in rota within the Home. Previous experience of working with vulnerable Children and Young People. A sound knowledge of child development and Attachment Theory and an understanding of how to safeguard vulnerable Young People including potential issues of Child Exploitation is desirable but NOT essential
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK
- Travel: Hold a Category B Driving License
- Hours: Full time, permanent.
- A relocation package is available, which includes removals, house-hunting and rental allowance for private accommodation.
- Interview and travel reimbursement
- Housing Permit which is accessible to any member of family travelling with you
- Market leading pay package
- Generous Annual leave
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Business Support Manager who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.