Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £10.5 - £10.5
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a number of Temporary Resource (Support) Workers to fill a role in the Middlesbrough area, you will be paid a rate of £10.50 per hour via an umbrella company for a period of 12 weeks.
To provide a high quality of care and support, which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, behavioral, health, social and cultural needs of the children and families for whom the home provides a service. This may include working with children with challenging behaviour, complex emotional problems, mental health and other additional/special needs.
The post holder will be based initially in a named Home, but will be expected to be prepared to work in any Middlesbrough Children’s Home or Centre as needed, or to work with children who are living in the community.
- Follow Care Plans and any other plans in place for the child, including safeguarding plans, health plans, and behavioral plans.
Support the child attending educational, religious, social and cultural activities.
- Supervising contact between children, young people and members of their family or others as directed by the court, or in line with Care Planning
Administer medication once training has been given, which may include emergency medication.
Attend relevant meetings related to the care of children including review, and planning meetings.
Complete appropriate recording and documentation related to the care of children including recording on the computer database. Use other information technology and associated systems as needed.
Take part in training, supervision and appraisal, and attend team meetings and development days. Work in other parts of the service for short periods either as part of training or development, or to meet the needs of service users.
- Participate in the agreed working rota, which may include week-ends, bank holidays, evenings, early mornings, and sleeping or waking night shifts (the Home will be open 365 days per year.) Once appropriately experienced act as shift leader on some occasions
- A recognised NVQ 3 or QCF diploma in working with children and young people, or equivalent relevant to the work, including HSC 375 medication or equivalent – or a willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Understanding of the needs of Children including children with special needs and emotional difficulties
- Understanding of child development and challenging behaviour
- Some experience of working with children, young people and families in a relevant setting.
- Able to engage with children, young people and adults of all ages and all levels of ability.
- Recent DBS check.
- Right to work
- Clean UK driving license and access to a car is essential
- Shifts are 12 hours
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Support Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .