Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £29 - £29
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Safeguarding Officer to work with Buckinghamshire County Council’s Education Service. This role is for someone with a social work qualification. The contract is initially for a period of around 3 months and is paying an hourly rate of £29.00 per hour.
The role of the Safeguarding Officer is to support schools and the Local Authority to meet their responsibilities under sect 175 Education Act 2002.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to Designated Safeguarding Lead for child protection in schools and to other Education colleagues.
- Devise, develop and implement training strategies with regards to child protection and safeguarding for a variety of needs within education, supporting a culture of vigilance and safeguarding to be developed
- Deliver targeted safeguarding training to Designated Safeguarding Leads, to school staff and other Education colleagues, and to colleagues from other agencies, as required.
- Attend multi-agency meetings regarding the safeguarding of children on behalf of the Team Manager, as required.
- To create additional written guidance for schools and other Education colleagues, in response to changes in legislation and the local landscape of safeguarding in Bucks.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.