Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £42055 - £44052
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Practitioner, Assessment Team
Up to £44,052
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker who is looking to take the next step in their career within an assessment environment. The Assessment Teams undertake single child and family assessments for those circumstances where Hertfordshire’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub has identified the need for a social work assessment. This position will offer continuous support as well as other training opportunities to develop your career – in return they are seeking a committed and driven individual who has a passion in making a difference in people’s lives.
Your duties will include:
- Care managing the most complex cases in the care group
- Plan, carry out review and evaluate social work practice
- To assume responsibility within the care group for research and development, including keeping the team updated, and contributing to the development of service provision/ organisation
- Work with individuals, young people, families, carers to develop and/or maintain independence, including involving individuals, children (age appropriate in a child centred way) young people, families, carers, groups and partner agencies to support groups and networks and support them in extending their involvement
- To Manage and be accountable with supervision and support for your own social work practice
- To mentor, coach and support other staff, including taking responsibility for induction programmes and initial training.
- Supervise and Performance Manage Children’s Practitioners in the care group.
To lead on specific projects as required.
Requirements of a Senior Practitioner:
- You must hold a Social Work Qualification and be registered as a Social Worker
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You will have at least 3 years’ experience in a frontline Social Work Team
Ability to undertake child protection investigations and assessments of risk/need, for cases which meet agreed threshold.
Ability to undertake assessments and recommend to the practice manager the appropriate level of intervention and service provision.
What to expect:
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out