Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Drew Turner
Salary: £38229 - £41025
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Practitioner – Corporate Parenting (Children & Families)
£38,229 – £41,025 per annum.
As a Social Worker you will be working within a team based in Bexley. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package of £38,229-£41,025 per annum.
About the role:
- Our new Corporate Parenting Service pulls together the case work and the provision to focus on permanence for every Looked After Child. Our social work units, called Practice Support Groups (PSG), will be 0 – 25 years, reducing the transfers and handovers that children and their families hate.
- The focus on a systemic approach, with relationship based social work at its heart, will support social workers and promote reflective practice.
- This is a good time to join us.
- We have the following roles that we need to fill with committed and enthusiastic professionals who want to make a difference for children.
- We are committed to achieving a fully permanent workforce to improve stability for children and to ensure that we continue to drive a positive culture for staff.
- Working within the Practice Support groups you will carry a case load of more complex cases and offer support to colleagues in group supervision.
- Your skills and experience as a social worker in frontline and LAC will give you a strong practice base which helps keep the focus on achieving outcomes.
- You will be able to evidence your registration as a social worker with HCPC.
Requirements of a Senior Practitioner:
- As part of the PSG reporting to the advanced practitioner and Team Manager, to manage and support colleagues, a caseload involving the assessment of needs, determining the appropriate support plan / care package and ensuring its implementation to maintain or improve wellbeing.
- To undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of children and young people. Professionally support other colleagues.
- To provide leadership and professional guidance to social workers.
- Ability to drive service improvements.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to set priorities personally and for others.
- Knowledge and understanding of key management skills, roles and responsibilities required for successful leadership.
- Systematically monitor and review decisions and plans, revising them where appropriate in the light of new information and evaluation of whether the interventions are achieving the planned outcomes.
- Know about the different methods of intervention and, on the basis of a critical review of the research evidence, understand their effectiveness.
- Demonstrate or show evidence of having undertaken and managed to completion no of complex cases and able to demonstrate a high level of conceptualisation of critical analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications.
What to expect:
- Up to £3,000 retention bonus
- Up to 31 days holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
Can you see yourself working in Waltham Forest?
This job is advertised by Drew Turner; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now
Please feel free to contact Drew on 07520 633076 or [email protected]