Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £34106 - £37937
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Social Work Practitioner, Safeguarding, Family Support
£34,106 – £37,937 per annum, plus benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Worker, or Senior Social Work Practitioner looking to further their career within a forward thinking and innovative organisation. Do you have the dedication and drive necessary to meet the rewarding challenges of this role?
About the Teams:
- Family Safeguarding Teams are multi-agency teams that work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct the majority of the Council’s care proceedings.
- These are multi-disciplinary teams consisting of professionals in Children’s and Adult social work, domestic abuse, substance misuse and mental health will work together to tackle the root causes of risk in families.
- These teams have the benefit of police support two days per week to assist with aggressive or evasive families and police colleagues will do out of hours visits during evenings and weekends to families on this programme to check on their welfare. The clinical psychology service will support PLO and proceedings work with specialist assessments.
About the Role:
- As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice.
- Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
- You will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experienced staff.
- You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings.
- In return for the way you will contribute to this team, the council offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip (SW), MSW) and be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team.
- You will be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better.
- You will have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings.
- You will have extensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families, and in-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
- You will be comfortable in demonstrating professional competence in social work practice by using current knowledge and working within agreed standards of best social work practice and carrying out duties in accordance with the HCPC standards of proficiency.
What to Expect:
- Competitive starting salary plus Welcome Bonus.
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now, or make contact via [email protected]