Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £34106 - £37937
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Social Work Practitioner, MASH
£34,106 – £37,937 per annum, plus benefits.
We are have an unique role for a Senior Practitioner within the MASH, which will be split between supervising Children’s Information and Advice Officers, being a valued part of the Management Team, and contributing to the robust decision making required for the fast paced nature of the MASH. Due to the nature of the MASH, this position requires Core Working Hours.
About the Teams:
- This MASH service went live July 2015 and brings together Police, Probation, Safeguarding Nurses and Children’s Services staff, working together as a team, to share information and decision making about the best way to safeguard and meet the needs of vulnerable children.
- The MASH deal with contacts and referrals sent by members of the public and professionals to Children’s Services for a safeguarding response. Where the MASH team consider that the child’s welfare will be better met by early help services, they will ensure referrals get to the most appropriate teams and will inform professional referrers the outcome of their request for a safeguarding assessment.
About the Role:
- As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice.
- Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
- You will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experienced staff.
- It is essential you will have post qualifying experience and a proven record of supervising or mentoring staff or students.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- In return for the way you will contribute to this team, the council offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip (SW), MSW) and be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team.
- You will be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better.
- You will have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings.
- You will have extensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families, and in-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
- You will be comfortable in demonstrating professional competence in social work practice by using current knowledge and working within agreed standards of best social work practice and carrying out duties in accordance with the HCPC standards of proficiency.
What to Expect:
- Competitive starting salary plus Welcome Bonus.
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now, or make contact via [email protected]