Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Drew Turner
Salary: £37851 - £40620
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Practitioner – Safeguarding And Family Support
£37,851- £40,620 per annum.
As a Senior Practitioner you will be working within a team based in Waltham Forest. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package of £37,851 – £40,620 per annum.
About the role:
- If you are a dedicated and creative Senior Practitioner looking to make your mark, develop your career and improve the lives of children and their families, our forward-thinking Families Directorate should be your next career destination.
- We are a supportive, challenging and inspirational team, striving towards the shared purpose of achieving independence, choice and the best possible results for our service users.
- Join us and you will help us to become a centre of excellence and best practice, building on the strong foundations we have laid over the last 18 months.
- In return for your hard work, we will give you the time and active support you need to make a difference.
- Promoting creativity is at the heart of our agenda to develop Social Work, and means you will be encouraged to share ideas, bring about positive change and strive to continuously improve outcomes for our vulnerable children.
Requirements of a Senior Practitioner:
- Significant experience in a Children & Families setting
- Experience of undertaking highly complex casework within a statutory children’s setting
- Deputise in the absence of the Access to Resources Team Manager
- Ensure the delivery of a unified & effective planning around placements for children & young people.
- Monitor referral information; ensuring all children & young people requiring accommodation are treated equally and as far as possible ensuring their needs in relation to gender, race, ethnicity, culture, special needs, disability &education are met.
- Work within the sufficiency guidance & regulations in accordance with the Care Planning, Placement & Case Reviews (2010).
- Knowledge of Fostering and Residential NMS and ensure these are met.
- Ensure work flow and placement requests follow Local Authority procedures.
- In the absence of the ART Team Manager allocate work to Placement Officers accordingly.
- Monitor all placements work for quality and cost.
- Ensure placement searches for C&YP can be evidenced as being transparent, robust and in line with Local Authority care plans.
- Deliver best practice working closely with the Fostering Support Team in placement planning, diversity considerations within NMS and Fostering regulations.
- Ensure Local Authority and resource providers follow Safe guarding Procedures and Local Authority guidelines.
- Ensure all placements are made within the council’s contract procedures.
- Experience of prioritisation, care planning and service delivery
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in assessing complex risk
- Experience of having to interpret, understand and make judgements on the complex interactions between the risk and protective factors in any given situation when arriving at a decision about whether the child or young person is suffering or is likely to suffer significant harm.
- Have high-level knowledge and skills in gathering information from a range of sources, including direct observation of children and young people and their interactions with mothers, fathers and carers.
- Make timely judgments and decisions that are based on evidence and thorough analysis of all the information gathered.
- Demonstrate an ability to draw up specific practical plans with clear timescales that are based on high quality assessments, which set out the planned outcomes for the child or young person.
- Systematically monitor and review decisions and plans, revising them where appropriate in the light of new information and evaluation of whether the interventions are achieving the planned outcomes.
- Know about the different methods of intervention and, on the basis of a critical review of the research evidence, understand their effectiveness.
- Demonstrate or show evidence of having undertaken and managed to completion no of complex cases and able to demonstrate a high level of conceptualisation of critical analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification
What to expect:
- Up to £3,000 retention bonus
- Up to 31 days holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
Can you see yourself working in Waltham Forest?
This job is advertised by Drew Turner; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now
Please feel free to contact Drew on 07520 633076 or [email protected]