Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £38000 - £42036
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Practitioner, Looked After Children’s (LAC) Team
£38,000 – £42,306
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker who is looking to take the next step in their career within a Looked After Children environment. This position will offer continuous support as well as other training opportunities to develop your career – in return they are seeking a committed and driven individual who has a passion in making a difference in people’s lives.
About the role:
- The Children Looked After Teams of Hertfordshire County Council are responsible for providing high quality support and planning for children and young people who are in long term foster care, residential care and semi-independent care up until the age of 18.
- Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
- You will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experienced staff.
- You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
- You will be supported by a dedicated Health team and Virtual School as well as a Brokerage Team that will find the most suitable placement.
Requirements of a Senior Practitioner:
- You must hold a Social Work Qualification and be registered as a Social Worker
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You will have at least 3 years’ experience in a frontline Social Work Team
- You will have recent experience of case work
- You will have extensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families, and in-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
What to expect:
- Market Forces payment of up to £4000
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out