Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £39270 - £39270
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Social Worker, Prison Social Care
Sutton, HMP Highdown / Downview
£39,270 Per Annum.
The implementation of the Care Act (2014) means Surrey County Council now holds social care responsibilities whilst prisoners reside in Surrey Prisons. This is an exciting and developing area of social care and SCC are looking to appoint an experienced practitioner to fill this vacancy. In return you will benefit from a healthy work life balance made achievable through flexible working, a generous local government salary related pension as well as the option to join the car lease scheme.
Purpose of the role:
- The successful applicant will have at least 2 years post qualifying experience of routinely working with complex cases.
- We are looking for a highly skilled adult practitioner with experience across either older persons, mental health, learning disabilities or physical disabilities.
- Due to the nature of the post it is essential that the post holder have a detailed understanding of the Care Act in the context of adult social care provision to prisoners and applied knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act.
- You will be required to be self motivated with a high level of autonomous working across the prisons.
- You will need to be flexible and adaptable to work in a challenging and demanding environment to promote the social care agenda within the prisons for those who are eligible for services.
- You will need to feel comfortable working within the constraints of the prison environment and you will be required to be an identified liaison lead to an identified prison.
- To be effective you will be required to work closely with criminal justice colleagues who also support the wellbeing of prisoners and find creative ways of meeting social care need.
- You will undertake all relevant training in order to meet professional registration requirements and will continue with professional development and up-to-date knowledge of applicable legislation.
- You will be required to have a successful additional prison security check.
- You are required to hold a full current driving licence and use of a vehicle to enable you to effectively undertake this role.
What to expect:
- Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under an internal rewards scheme.
Can you see yourself working in Surrey?
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]