Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £425 - £425
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Service Manager to work with Gloucestershire County Council’s Children with Disabilities Team. This position is initially for a period of 12 months and is paying £425.00 per day.
This role will lead operational services designed to secure good outcomes and impact for some of the most vulnerable residents of Gloucestershire. This role will be responsible for ensuring that work is undertaken to achieve the council’s service outcomes for vulnerable children and young people. The post holder will lead a range of staff and teams as may be assigned at any one time, ensuring that they are able to respond and adapt to the strategic improvement agenda whilst achieving value for money, meeting community needs and securing high quality customer service. Service Managers within Children’s Safeguarding and Care will be expected to lead a number of operational teams which may change over time.
- With the responsible service lead contribute to the improvement plan.
- Meet the council’s leadership standards of behaviour and performance to develop and maintain a high performance culture.
- Create organisational and cultural conditions which foster excellent performance and innovation amongst staff and ensure that staff have the necessary skills and capacity, and maintain focus on succession planning.
- Ensure that the service takes full account of the relevant social work requirements that relate to safeguarding, children in care and children in need for young people.
- Apply their substantial knowledge and expertise to offer robust quality assurance for the service and especially managers’ decision making.
- Ensure that strong customer focus is maintained throughout.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by Social Work England.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their next role by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.