Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Jamie Chittock
Salary: £22000 - £28000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Social Care Practitioner | Berkshire | £22,000 – £28,000
– To provide people with good quality advice and information.
– When relevant, to work with people to connect them to community resources. This may include the provision of equipment or minor adaptations.
– When necessary, to work with people in crisis to stabilise their situation.
– When necessary, to work with people to meet long-term care and support needs.
– When necessary, to review care/support arrangements.
– Where appropriate, to arrange Direct Payments.
– To seek guidance as necessary and work jointly with managers or colleagues with specific skills, qualifications, experience or knowledge.
– To develop own knowledge of relevant services and systems relating to care and support
– To consider and respond appropriately to issues of risk, including safeguarding.
– To assist service users and carers to construct a Support Plan which meets their needs, maximises independence and covers identified risks. In doing so, offering the widest possible flexibility and choice through comprehensive engagement with the family, the community, voluntary organisations, and provider services.
– To communicate clearly.
– To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
– To ensure that all records / reports, in whatever format, are completed thoroughly and accurately.
– To ensure that own practice is of the required standard by knowing and implementing relevant policies, procedures and guidance.
– To actively participate in supervision, appraisal and relevant training.
– Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
– Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
– Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework
– NVQ Level 2 in care or similar relevant qualification
– Experience of working in social care services
– Experience of working in partnership with others
Knowledge and understanding
– Working knowledge of the provision of health and social care services
– Knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance, including Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, etc
– Knowledge of Safeguarding Adults requirements
– Knowledge of Direct Payments system
Skills and abilities
– Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
– Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
– IT skills, to include use of Email, Internet, Word processing and Case
Can you see yourself working in Berkshire?
This job is advertised by Jamie Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Jamie on 07852 217851