Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Ruarn Rankin
Salary: £30 - £30
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Social Worker | £30 P/H | Ashford – Kent
Purpose of the Job:
Manage a Children & Families caseload of various levels of complexity, involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action, contributing to the effective application of resources to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and their families. The postholder should be working in line with the Competency Framework.
The post holder must complete the Consolidation Module within 3 years of qualifying as a Social Worker.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a Children & Families caseload to include complex and diverse cases, involving assessments, reviews and the preparation of welfare reports and court attendance, to effectively meet the needs of the client group, in line with the competency standards set out in the Competency Framework. The caseload will be managed within the relevant framework of supervision dependent on the complexity of the case and post qualification experience of the post holder but all cases will involve difficult and distressing situations.
- Contribute to and review the development of ongoing initiatives to achieve a more effective use of resources within Children & Families Services.
- Initiate and develop close working partnerships with statutory agencies, voluntary and private sector agencies, carers and those with parental responsibility in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Inform advise, counsel and support clients and carers, individually and in group settings, to relieve stress and modify attitudes of behaviour to meet the needs of the client.
- Ensure that information systems, e.g. CAFIS, and client records are effectively maintained to provide up-to-date and accurate information, upon which decisions affecting service delivery can be made.
- Maintain a personal awareness of legislation, departmental and corporate policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Looked After Children, Children in Need and Child Protection, acting in line with these to ensure consistency and a high quality of service delivery across the Directorate.
- Recruit, train, assess and support adoptive parents and foster carers to ensure that there is a suitable range of placements to meet the needs of children within the District and across the County and to facilitate the adoption and fostering process.
- Attend training courses and other development opportunities as agreed with line manager to ensure compliance with GSCC requirements.
Applicants should describe in their application how they meet these criteria.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free DBS Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Social Care Department.