Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £28485 - £36379
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Social Worker, Assessment
Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
Up to £36,379
As a Social worker working within the Assessment Team you will be based in the picturesque Mendip area of Somerset and as the post-holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £36,379. This is accompanied by a variety of benefits including but not limited to flexible working, advanced pension schemes and access to an exclusive car lease scheme. We are looking for committed individuals who are practising at a range of levels; whether it be Newly Qualified or at a senior level, this could be the role for you.
About the role:
· You’ll be expected to assess and safeguard the needs of vulnerable children in the community and in the care of the local authority.
· Something to note is Somerset’s commitment to reduce fieldwork caseloads down to an average of 14, which is fewer than many other local authorities. This will allow you to focus more time on individual cases and be more involved in delivering a higher level of service.
· Through pro-active, multi-agency working you’ll work with a range of service providers, facilitating the provision of a needs-led service and creating positive outcomes
· It’ll be down to you to ensure all services are child focused, using a range of therapeutic skills and interventions to make sure that children reach their potential.
Requirements of a social worker:
· That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC Registration
· You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills allowing you to efficiently work in partnership with other agencies and teams
· Experience of duty work, including strong assessment skills
· Completion of ASYE is preferred but not a necessity.
What to expect:
· Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
· Relocation allowance up to £8,000
· A wide variety of training and development opportunities
· Flexible working options
· Commitment to Career Progression
· Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
· Many more benefits under an internal rewards scheme.
Can you see yourself working in Somerset?
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]