Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £33683 - £42620
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Social Worker, Court Team
£33,683 – £40,760 (£42,620 unconsolidated maximum through performance related progression)
As a Social Worker you will be working within a team based in Sutton. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package £33,683 – £40,760.
About the role:
- The purpose of the Court Team is to provide a service to children where a decision has been made to commence pre-proceedings action aimed at avoiding the need to issue care proceedings or where proceedings have been initiated and where children require reports/assessments for court. Social workers will undertake all identified assessments and progress plans as identified within the legal framework outlined in the Family Justice legal framework.
- Undertake a holistic assessment of children, families and carers using the relevant assessment framework, involving other professionals/agencies as necessary.
- Develop and implement appropriate plans according to need e.g. child need, child protection looked after, pathway plans etc within clearly defined timescales.
- Build purposeful, effective relationships with children and families using effective evidence based, social work approaches to ensure that the outcomes identified in the child’s care plan are met.
- Manage an assigned caseload of children, families and carers in compliance with agreed casework outcomes, statutory and departmental policy and procedural requirements.
Requirements of a Childrens Social Worker:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip(SW), MSW) and be registered as a social worker with the HCPC.
What to expect:
- Group supervision as well as 1-2-1 support;
- You will receive a competitive salary, £1000 Welcome Bonus payment, £1000 Retention Payment and a leave entitlement of up to 32 days
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Bicycle loan facilities
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Subsidised gym membership
- Local and national discounts for shopping, eating out and leisure activities
- Car parking scheme
- Sutton is a short train journey from Clapham Junction and London Victoria (20-30 minutes), and London Bridge (30-50 minutes) and easily accessible from the neighbouring boroughs of Croydon and Merton
Can you see yourself working in Sutton?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on 07983 547 682