Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £28394 - £33164
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Qualified Social Worker, Children’s Service
£27,394 – £32,164 per annum, plus benefits.
We are looking for Qualified, professional and conscientious Social Workers to join a Family Safeguarding Team in Hertfordshire.
About the Teams:
- Family Safeguarding Teams are multi-agency teams that work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct the majority of the Council’s care proceedings.
- These are multi-disciplinary teams consisting of professionals in Children’s and Adult social work, domestic abuse, substance misuse and mental health will work together to tackle the root causes of risk in families.
- These teams have the benefit of police support two days per week to assist with aggressive or evasive families and police colleagues will do out of hours visits during evenings and weekends to families on this programme to check on their welfare. The clinical psychology service will support PLO and proceedings work with specialist assessments.
About the Role:
- You will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families.
- You will manage a complex and diverse caseload.
- You will need to carry out assessments and reviews using leading edge practices to create effective but disciplined solutions for the children and families.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver welfare reports to conferences and court hearings.
- You will need at least one year’s frontline experience, as well as completion of your ASYE.
- You will have substantial and up to date knowledge of childcare legislations.
- You will have experience of conducting assessments as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews.
- You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
What to Expect:
- Competitive starting salary of between £27,394 and £32,164 depending on experience
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.