Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £28485 - £31601
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Qualified Social Worker – Looked After Children – Up to £31,601 – Suffolk
£28,485 – £31,601 per annum, plus benefits.
We are looking for experienced, professional and conscientious Social Workers to join LAC Teams in Suffolk.
About the Role:
- Work in accordance with the Council’s statutory responsibilities, policies and service procedures and comply with equality and diversity policies, procedures and legislation. ·
- Maintaining customer confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act and SCC guidance, including responding to any known data breaches.
- Engage in individual and group supervision with managers and practice leads, performance appraisal and consultation as required. ·
- Where required provide effective individual and group supervision, including performance agreements. ·
- Having regard to best value principles and monitoring within your area of responsibility. ·
- Participating and coordinating, training and development opportunities, in order to improve knowledge, skills and effectiveness of self and colleagues. ·
- To transport children and young people where required by job role. ·
- To work in the homes of children and families and in a variety of other settings.
Requirements for the Role:
- Suitable professional qualification at graduate level and at least two years post grad experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Committed approach to Children and Families and to working collaboratively with them to address concerns.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and use own initiative.
- In depth knowledge and practical understanding of and skills in using solution focused approaches of intervention.
- Ability to recognise Child Protection and risk issues and take appropriate action.
- Proven ability to use a range of assessment frameworks.
- Experience of working alongside parents who may have mental health, learning or physical disability or sensory impairment.
- Experience of assessment and observation of the developmental needs of children.
- Experience of working with a range of agencies and communities.
What to Expect:
- Relocation Package available
- Work Life balance
- Flexible Working
- Childcare Vouchers
- Shopping Vouchers and discounts
- Public Transport discounts
- Tax free bike schemes
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing and lifestyle support scheme
Can you see yourself contributing to this team and reaping the rewards of permanent employment with a Council who value and develop you?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.