Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £32839 - £38312
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Social Worker LAC Team,
£32,839 – £38,312 Per Annum
As a Social Worker you will be working in a team based in a Leatherhead. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,839 to £38,312 Per Annum.
About the role:
- As a social worker in a Looked After Children’s Team, Your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, friends or foster families and perspective adopters or older children living in children’s homes and semi independent units. Ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential. Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court. You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers.
Requirements of a Social Worker:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
What to expect:
- 28 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (with option to buy and sell leave)
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under our internal rewards scheme.
Can you see yourself working in Surrey?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on 07983 547 682 or at [email protected]