Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £40408 - £46880
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a frontline locality team based on Guernsey, Channel Islands. This position is permanent and will require relocation, this is fully covered by the states of Guernsey so if you are looking for a get away to one of the UK’s most picturesque locations then apply today!
Guernsey is the second largest of the Channel Islands, covering an area of 30 square miles and with a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and the historic town of St. Peter Port which boasts the title of the prettiest harbour town in Europe. The Island’s rich and fascinating heritage is one of Guernsey’s outstanding features and is interwoven into modern day living, making it an interesting and exciting place to live. We are currently looking for a couple of Social Workers who are seeking a change of scenery to take up a brilliant role within the community with manageable caseloads and a healthy work-life balance.
- To hold a caseload of child in need, child protection and care requirement cases
- To assess the needs of children and families using theoretical frameworks in order to produce, appropriately monitor and review child’s plans (single assessment). These will be within agreed timescales according to need.
- To undertake short term or longer term specific pieces of work as directed following the completion of child’s plans or as a result of child protection registration.
- To present cases to and attend court and the Child Youth and Community Tribunal as required.
- To prepare reports and to represent Children’s Health and Social Care both orally and in writing in an appropriate manner at all times and make long term plans for permanence for those children who require such intervention.
- To prepare assessments, statements and care plans for court and required give evidence in court.
- To work in partnership with parents, colleagues and other agencies ensuring the child
- Qualifications: Recognised Social Work qualification
- Experience: At least 2 years Children’s Frontline Social Work experience
- Compliance: Up to date DBS and HCPC Registration
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
What to expect:
- Generous Relocation assistance of up to £15,000
- Interview and travel reimbursement
- Housing Permit which is accessible to any member of family travelling with you
- Market leading pay package
- Generous Annual leave
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.