Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £28 - £32
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for Social Worker’s based in Cardiff. If you are interested in this position then apply now.
As a Social Worker for the Looked After Children 14+ you will be carrying out many responsibilities, but mainly ensuring the children’s safety. A child who has been in the care of their local authority for more than 24 hours is known as a looked after child. Looked after children are also often referred to as children in care, a term which many children and young people prefer. Child protection is the protection of children from violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect. Child protection systems are a set of usually government-run services designed to protect children and young people who are underage and to encourage family stability. The ideal candidate will have a highly developed specialist knowledge of social work in children’s services and be registered with the HCPC.
- Undertake initial visits & Form F Assessments.
- Initiate and carry out local recruitment activities and analyse the effectiveness of methods used.
- Carry out stringent assessment and completion of Form F to standard, presenting reports to panel.
- Ensure that at all times you work with a commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Qualifications: BTEC National Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience: 1+ year of experience in looked after children, Child protection or Safeguarding.
Understanding of Court procedures.
Confident in reading and writing care plans and assessments.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 3 month ongoing contract with possible permanent outcome.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.