Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £34000 - £38153
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Social Worker, MASH Team
£34,000 – £38,153 + £1,000 Welcome Bonus
Southend’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is looking for a dynamic, highly skilled, experienced and expert workforce to deliver a truly outstanding service. The MASH plus team provides a triage and multi-agency assessment of safeguarding concerns in respect of vulnerable children and adults. Please note as this is an office based position we do not require a Car Driver.
About the role:
- You will be at the forefront of assessing need and risk for vulnerable children and their families.
- You will create an holistic picture of the child’s needs to assist you with decision making, determining the level of support and intervention required to ensure that children are safeguarded and their needs met early.
- Use your leadership skills and areas of expertise to help support Team Managers in the aspects of the daily duty management of the team to ensure new referrals are responded to in a timely manner
Requirements of a Social Worker:
- Have post qualifying experience of working within a MASH and/or Referral & Assessment settings.
- Have the ability to make sound decisions, utilising local Levels of Need and procedures, in a timely manner
- Have the ability to provide professional challenge
- Be able to take ownership and responsibility for their own workload and demonstrate skills in prioritisation and completing work in a timely manner
What to expect:
- Salary and Pension Scheme
- Retention bonus and welcome bonus
- 31 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Job Sharing
- Family Friendly Policies
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Schemes Such as Childcare vouchers, Cycle2Work scheme and Salary Sacrifice4Cars scheme
- Employee Health Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Relocation Expenses
Please feel free to contact the Social Care Team on 07520 634 851