Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £42270 - £45150
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Specialist Senior Social Worker, CSF Child Sexual Exploitation
£42,270 – £45,150
Child Sexual Exploitation has been growing over recent years following a number of serious case reviews and enquiries bringing to light crimes and abuse which had not been previously recognized and responded to adequately. Following a range of reports from Inspectors in Ofsted, HMIC and Dfe there has been an identified weakness in regards to response, and as a consequence Surrey CC has created CSE Specialists for suitably skilled officers to champion the work in tackling CSE. We are currently looking for candidates to fill a Senior Social Worker role within this newly made team and make a contribution to tackling and raising awareness for CSE.
About the role:
- The CSE specialist senior social work role is a key part of driving the effort to tackle CSE forward working both directly with children and families as well as well as being involved in training, multi-agency working and raising awareness of CSE with staff and other agencies.
- You will hold a small caseload of children at risk of CSE. This role will also involve liaising with a range of external and internal partner agencies, including more senior levels.
- You will take on responsibility for supervision of non-professionally qualified staff, particularly the Senior Family Support Worker (CSE) following appropriate training on staff supervision and assessment of competence, and mentor newly qualified social workers.
- In view of the specialist aspects of the specialist work, there will be a 40% reduction to caseload
Requirements of a Senior Social Worker:
- Professional social work qualification, CQSW or Diploma in Social Work (Dip SW )
- Substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with, children and young people, and in working with parents, families, carers and networks to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people.
- A valid UK Driving license and a vehicle accessible for work
What to expect:
- Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under an internal rewards scheme.
Can you see yourself working in Surrey?
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]