Sector: Social Care
Consultant: George Owen
Salary: £15 - £15
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Substance Misuse Practitioner to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in harm reduction across Glasgow.
As Substance Misuse Practitioner, you will be on hand to provide services in line with the expectations of the Scottish Government (2014) National Quality Principles framework within the Harm Reduction Service for drug and alcohol misuse, as part of a forward looking, flexible and creative team.
- Working with service users in a manner that both reflects and contributes to the various Alcohol & Drug Partnership (ADP) Delivery Plans, Single Outcome Agreements (SOA) and Local Improvement Plans.
- To work collaboratively with other services to enable intervention(s) that support and motivate service users and meet their needs throughout all the various stages of their individual recovery journey.
- To work within a strengths-based, ROSC, change and outcomes focused approach which promotes service users as responsible co-producers of health, well-being and recovery.
- To be an effective member of the Harm Reduction and wider multi-disciplinary staff team who is able to be deployed in any of our service delivery or partnership type environments.
- Qualifications: A recognised counselling or substance misuse qualification, and/or about to start an accredited counselling or substance misuse qualification. An SVQ or HNC in Health & Social Care or equivalent at level 3 or higher.
- Experience: At least one year’s post-qualification experience of working within the field of substance misuse. Experience of child protection joint working. Experience of caseload management. Conducting holistic assessment and care planning of individuals with substance misuse issues.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Substance Misuse, Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Practitioner who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.