Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £32000 - £32000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Our client; a reputable independent fostering agency is currently expanding their services of fostering parents and looking to take on a new permanent supervising social worker to support the growth of their services.
As a supervising social worker you will be responsible for recruiting foster carers and providing training and support to existing foster cares currently looking after children.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To manage a mixed caseload of foster carers involved with mainstream fostering, kinship foster carers, short breaks and alternative care arrangements to meet the placement needs and outcomes for children placed in their care.
- To undertake a range of assessments of prospective and existing foster carers, including nominated carers and new partners (mainstream fostering, short breaks, kinship care, private fostering, alternative care arrangements SGO in order to determine their suitability for approval or continued approval as carers.
- To work in partnership with Case managers and Team Leaders and all other key professional to ensure that Children and young people in need of protection and statutory intervention can safely have their needs addressed whilst remaining with Foster carers
Qualifications & Experience
- BA (Hons) Social Work, Dip SW, CQSW or equivalent
- HCPC Registration
- Experience working with children or young people, in either a statutory or voluntary capacity
- Knowledge of the child protection process, assessment process, and CIC.
- Understanding of the Children Act and its context.
- Knowledge of Fostering Standards, regulations and schedules
- Experience in working with children and families in assessing needs, setting tasks and reviewing the progress of action/care plans
- This is essentially a mobile post and therefore you must hold a valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
- Salary Circa £32,000 Dependent upon Experience
- Additional Exclusive Discounts to High Street Stores
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.