Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £30000 - £33000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Supervising Social Worker
£30,000 – £33,000
Our client is an established Independent Fostering Agency based within Slough and they are looking to add another Supervising Social Worker to their workforce! This role has been created to support the Agency’s Manager in the recruitment, training, assessment, support and supervision of a range of foster carers ensuring high quality placements are available for looked after children, and that the needs of C/YP are met.
About the role:
- To manage a mixed caseload of foster carers involved with mainstream fostering, kinship foster carers, short breaks and alternative care arrangements to meet the placement needs and outcomes for children placed in their care.
- To undertake a range of assessments of prospective and existing foster carers , including nominated carers and new partners (mainstream fostering, short breaks, kinship care, private fostering, alternative care arrangements SGO in order to determine their suitability for approval or continued approval as carers.
- To work in partnership with Case managers and Team Leaders and all other key professional to ensure that Children and young people in need of protection and statutory intervention can safely have their needs addressed whilst remaining with Foster carers
Requirements of a Supervising Social Worker:
- BA (Hons) Social Work, Dip SW, CQSW or equivalent
- HCPC Registration
- Experience working with children or young people, in either a statutory or voluntary capacity
- Knowledge of the child protection process, assessment process, and CIC.
- Understanding of the Children Act and its context.
- Knowledge of Fostering Standards, regulations and schedules
- Experience in working with children and families in assessing needs, setting tasks and reviewing the progress of action/care plans
- This is essentially a mobile post and therefore you must hold a valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851