Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Cherise Harper
Salary: £9.31 - £9.31
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social care is looking for a Support worker in Blyth, Northumberland.
Start: As soon as possible – 1 st September 2020.
Rate: £9.31 per hour
Shifts: Waking nights support worker. Long term booking – 12 hour shifts 3 on 3 off -8pm – 8am.
No lone working in service.
The service is funded via a Mental Health Framework (Lot 2) to provide support to 37 customers with complex mental health needs as the primary support need alongside supporting customers with dual diagnosis and managing behaviours in relation to mental health.
- To work alongside clients in a person centred way and assist them in practical tasks which will help them to achieve the goals and outcomes documented in their support, care and safety plans.
- You are required to work within other office/service locations in the future within an agreed area of your initial office location.
- Work flexible hours/24-hour rota (where applicable)
- Good communication and inter-personal skills and an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to recognise risk and follow safeguarding procedures and reporting where necessary
- Enhanced DBS check
- Previous experience of providing care or support for vulnerable people is desirable
- Knowledge of one the following areas – supported housing, social care, criminal justice – and/or experience in a similar field is desirable
- Understanding of general housing duties in a residential setting is desirable.
- Can demonstrate empathy whist maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Basic numeric and literacy skills.
- Ability to record and use information concisely and effectively.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social care is a leading provider of residential support workers and local social workers, to specialist substance misuse recovery workers and criminal justice court workers; we’re passionate about working closely with our candidates to find opportunities which really work for them. That’s how we ensure we deliver exceptional candidates for every role.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know someone who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.