Seven Social care is looking for Support worker in Kingston, London
· Improve each client’s quality of life; prevent homelessness through promoting or maintaining independent living skills and appropriate move on.
· Provide relevant support in accordance to the client’s range of needs via support and safety planning and aspirations assessments and through one-toone keywork sessions.
· Assist service users to attend educational, leisure and health related activities, accompanying as appropriate
· To maintain accurate service users’ records and all other records relating to the upkeep and maintenance of the service. This includes electronic based records on our organisational system.
· To carry our Housing Management functions including the collection and management of rent, reporting of repairs and managing the beginning and end of tenancies/licences at the schemes.
· Encourage and promote effective multi-agency working to ensure that the risks of services users are mitigated and that the needs and aspirations of service users are met to a high standard, including establishing close contacts with various communities, statutory and voluntary organisations.
· To assist with domestic tasks, when appropriate
· Have knowledge of and follow relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
· To take part in regular supervisions and annual appraisals, and seek out and take up opportunities for continuous professional development within the service, organisation and externally.
· Previous experience of providing support for vulnerable people.
· Knowledge of housing issues affecting vulnerable people
· Experience of housing management duties in a residential setting is desirable
· Evidence of specialist qualification, skill, or interest in the area applied for including specific qualification / training to meet specialist service standards to meet regulatory requirements
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and an ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Basic numeric, literacy and IT skills.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social care is a leading provider of residential support workers and local social workers, to specialist substance misuse recovery workers and criminal justice court workers; we’re passionate about working closely with our candidates to find opportunities which really work for them. That’s how we ensure we deliver exceptional candidates for every role.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know someone who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.