Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £11 - £11
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Support worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children and adults ain Aberdeen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who is passionate about providing excellent social support and the delivery of clean safe care. It will be based in a housing support service so there it will be working with a variety of service user’s.
- To directly provide person-centred supports to service users to assist them to develop their skills, abilities and confidence in all aspects of their daily lives, working in accordance with their Support Plans, including social and recreational activities, housekeeping and household activities, attendance at medical and dental appointments, court etc the provision of personal care where required.
- To operate in compliance with the relevant legislation and National Care Standards, and acknowledged good practice, and in accordance with direct instructions from the Service Manager or other senior colleague.
- To directly provide support and assistance to services users with regard to personal and family relationships, developing links with the wider community, leisure and recreational activities and personal care in accordance with their Support Plans
- To assist with initial and ongoing assessments of service users at various stages of their engagement with the service.
- To assist, recognise and exercise their rights and provide an appropriate level of professional support to service users to assist them to make informed choices
- To contribute to the devising of effective Support Plans by keeping appropriate records of events and observations and by attendance and participation in service users reviews with their Care Managers and other professionals.
- To undertake the planning and co-ordination of elements of support to ensure that the service delivered is in accordance with the individual’s Support Plan.
- To participate in Group Working sessions with service users, as required.
- To administer prescribed medication to service users in accordance with the instructions on the prescription and with additional medical advice.
- To support the Service Manager by networking effectively with workers from other agencies who are involved with service users or could engage with them to support their stated plans and goals.
- To support the Service Manger by contribution to specific quality assurance systems which meet the needs of the service users, purchaser’s monitoring requirements, and Turning Point Scotland’s needs.
- To undertake driving duties (where lawful and necessary for the provision of the support), using either the service user’s vehicle or own transport.
- To be familiar and comply with operational policies and procedures, including medication.
- Qualifications: SSSC regisration ,SVQ 2 – 3 (HNC)
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified support worker in the uk.
- Compliance: Up to date PVG and SSSC registation,
- Travel: No car needed.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.