Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £10 - £11
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Support Worker Grade 2 | £10 – 11 P/H | Elgin
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who is passionate about providing excellent social support and the delivery of clean safe care.
- To directly provide person-centred supports to service users to assist them to develop their skills, abilities and confidence in all aspects of their daily lives, working in accordance with their Support Plans, including social and recreational activities, housekeeping and household activities, attendance at medical and dental appointments, court etc.
- To operate in compliance with the relevant legislation and National Care Standards, and acknowledged good practice, and in accordance with direct instructions from the Service Manager or other senior colleague.
- To directly provide support and assistance to services users with regard to personal and family relationships, developing links with the wider community, leisure and recreational activities and personal care in accordance with their Support Plans
- To assist with initial and ongoing assessments of service users at various stages of their engagement with the service.
- To assist the people supported by the organisation to recognise and exercise their rights and provide an appropriate level of professional support to service users to assist them to make informed choices
- To contribute to the devising of effective Support Plans by keeping appropriate records of events and observations and by attendance and participation in service users reviews with their Care Managers and other professionals
- To undertake the planning and co-ordination of elements of support to ensure that the service delivered is in accordance with the individual’s Support Plan
- To participate in Group Working sessions with service users, as required.
- To administer prescribed medication to service users in accordance with the instructions on the prescription and with additional medical advice
- To support the Service Manager by networking effectively with workers from other agencies who are involved with service users or could engage with them to support their stated plans and goals.
- To support the Service Manger by contribution to specific quality assurance systems which meet the needs of the service users, purchaser’s monitoring requirements, and the organisations needs.
- To undertake driving duties (where lawful and necessary for the provision of the support), using either the service user’s vehicle or own transport.
- To be familiar and comply with the organisation’s operational policies and procedures, including medication
The work in this post is full time, consisting of 35 hours per week in one of the most sought-after locations in the country, Elgin.
This client demands that applicants have UK experience and qualifications in order of gaining success in this role, as well as requiring that you are a UK qualified Support Worker with extensive experience in adult support and protection.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free PVG Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Social Care Department.