Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £12 - £14
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Support Worker – Vulnerable Children | £12 – £14 P/H | East Sheen (Richmond)
We are looking for two capable individuals who are able to support children and young people whom have gone missing, having been exploited by gang members, becoming drug mules.
You’ll providing a safe space, by phone, for them to talk through their experiences and to disclose any harm they have suffered. You will need to have experience in supporting vulnerable young people and will require sound knowledge of the issues effecting young people who are at risk through their exposure to gangs, county lines and missing episodes.
This position will be a fixed term for six months until the 31st of March 2018, making this a very exciting position. The work in this post is full time, consisting of 35 hours per week including some evenings and weekends. It will be based in one of the most sought-after locations in London with highly commutable transport links. This role will be for a very established Richmond client giving you the opportunity to fulfil your career to its highest potential.
- Assess referrals from the police, local authority staff, project workers and children / young people who wish to self-refer to the service.
- Hold case discussion and consult on-call managers as necessary to assess risk and plan a response to young people where the risk is heightened.
- Build rapport with young people, parents and carers over the telephone, explain your role and the service in an age-appropriate way so that young people feel able to take up the service.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from the 24/7 Services team and provide. quality handovers of young people and parents who may need their assistance out of hours.
- Produce detailed records which may be shared with Police or a Local Authority.
It is required that you have knowledge and experience with risks faced by gangs involving children and young people, including missing children and young people. Experience of working in a police or social work setting or in partnership with police or social workers is a major positive, alternatively a qualification in social work, probation or police service will be acceptable.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free DBS Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Social Care Department.