Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £13 - £16
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Support Worker – Young Carers Service | £13-£16 P/H | Maidenhead
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who is passionate about providing excellent social support and the delivery of clean safe care.
This is a temporary position, with the possibility of an ongoing contract subject to your performance, making this a particularly exciting opportunity for applicants.
The services differ according to local need and provision but include direct work with young people and their parents providing:
- Parenting support to strengthen parenting skills, capacity and confidence in order to reduce the caring role and the impact for the child or young person
- Help to access other services in the community
- Advocacy on behalf of the young carer and their family e.g. with housing, social care services
- Information e.g. about a parent’s illness or disability
- Support with any issues at school
- Workshops run in partnership with further education organisations focusing on career opportunities
- A listening ear and arranging counselling if needed
- Group work, regular clubs or individual work depending on what each child/young person needs e.g. chill out groups, theatre groups
- Activities with other young carers or children and young people in the community to give them a break and have fun, e.g. canoeing, pond-dipping, cinema visits
- Chances to have new experiences, learn new skills and be involved in how the service is run, e.g. trips during Easter and summer holidays; and including whole family activities to strengthen family relationships
- Structured time limited child or young people and family sessions
- Programmes designed to develop self esteem and reduce the impact of the caring role on emotional wellbeing
- Peer mentoring
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free DBS Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Social Care Department.