Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Kelby Sharber
Salary: £20000 - £20000
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Residential Support Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in Behaviour issues in a secure unit.
To provide a safe, caring, stimulating and secure environment for children and young people who have experienced significant trauma and need to be secured because they are a risk to themselves or others.
- Recording and Documenting
- Care Plans
- Liaising within outside agencies and internal clinical teams
- Transporting the children to school, extra activities, social activates and appointments)
- Helping the children access education
- Household Jobs (Laundry, cooking, cleaning)
- Implementing routine into the children’s everyday
- Attending and conducting key work sessions with the children
- Staff supervision
- Working closely with the home manager and deputy
- Ensuring all staff on shift are completing their duties to the highest possible standard
- ? Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s care plan and their responsibilities for its implementation ? Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people ? Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model ? Maintaining accurate written records in logs, continuation sheets and files both to record information and enable regular monitoring and evaluation to take place ? Chairing children’s meetings and facilitating consultation with young people generally ? Acting as an appropriate adult at PACE interviews
To manage a staff team through: ? Providing supervisory control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities ? Taking responsibility for planning shifts and ensuring their smooth running when on duty ? Providing consultation and informal advice and support to staff in relation to day to day matters ? Offering 1:1 supervision to staff in line with National Minimum Standards
? Contributing to team and staff meetings to facilitate good communication and staff development ? Ensuring staff work within the Home’s policies, procedures and National Minimum Standards requirements ? Providing managerial control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities ? Assist with the recruitment and retention of staff including induction training for new staff into the home ? Supervision of new starters during their probationary period ? Develop a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to make appropriate decisions ? Identifying and progressing individual training and development needs of staff in the context of their personal development plans ? Undertaking annual appraisal of staff ? Addressing issues in relation to conduct and competence of staff ? Undertaking management investigations when required ? Assist the Registered Manager in promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities
General Responsibilities: ? To assist the Registered Manager and/or the Deputy Manager in the implementation of all aspects of the Statement of Purpose ? To run in-house workshops on childcare related matters to facilitate implementation of formal training and improve childcare practice ? To drive company vehicles – subject to policies and procedures ? To work on a rota basis according to the needs of young people ? To ensure that resources are allocated appropriately and financial records are accurately maintained under the direction of the Registered Manager and/or the Deputy Manager ? To receive supervision in line with National Minimum Standards and to take responsibility for personal development and progress of individual training needs ? To carry out all other reasonable tasks as directed by the Registered Manager and/or the Deputy Manager ? To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager and/or Deputy Manager
To develop systems which ensure the effective allocation of resources through:
? Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home ? Ensuring that budgets are managed effectively and the use of finances is properly monitored including petty cash returns, weekly attendance records ? Ensuring that company vehicles are clean and regularly maintained ? Monitoring closely the fabric of the building (including fixtures, amenities and grounds) and taking remedial action where necessary
To promote the efficient and effective operation of the Home through: ? Developing in consultation with young people and staff routines in relation to all aspects of child care ? Clarifying expectations in relation to maintaining the Home in a clean and orderly condition ? Creating rotas which fit best with children’s needs and which allow proper handovers between shifts ? Ensuring that there are appropriate and adequate reporting and recording systems in place to comply with National Minimum Standards ? Attending to all administration issues in relation to the Home and the provision of weekly management information reports for Central Services
- Must have held a full UK driving license for 2 years or more (our Insurance requirement and safeguarding)
- Must be 21 or over.
- NVQ level 3 in Children and young people (preferred not essential)
- Good verbal and written English
- Good attitude towards children and will to help them
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Support Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.