Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £23046 - £23046
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Team Leader – Children’s Residential Home
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced, confident and resilient Team Leader or Senior Support Worker to support the running of one of our clients Children’s residential properties. The role will be within our client’s new home opening in Stockport, providing a safe and supportive environment for 4 children or young persons aged between 8-18.
Applications are therefore welcomed from experienced Team Leaders and Senior Support Workers looking for the next step in their career with proven ability to support young people who have been the victims of trauma and are extremely vulnerable and experience with leading staff teams.
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with children in a residential care setting, providing day to day support, guidance and activities to children and teenagers, our aim and yours should be to transform the lives of looked-after children. Applications are therefore welcomed from experienced Residential Children’s Care Workers with proven ability to support young people who have been the victims of trauma and are extremely vulnerable. As a Team Leader, every day will be different and you won’t find a more rewarding career
Essential Job Requirements
- Ability to lead staff teams to provide a high level of care.
- Provide a safe environment for the young people in our care.
- Ensure your record keeping, administrative duties are met including care plans and all relevant paperwork is updated and additionally ensure the employees record keeping is updated.
- Experience leading or managing staff in a residential childcare setting.
- Be flexible and able to undertake shift work including weekends and sleep-ins.
- Full UK driving licence and a car available for work use.
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Persons Workforce, Social Work Degree or equivalent or willingness to work towards the above Level 3 qualification.
- Up to date knowledge of the current legislation governing the sector
- Level 2 or Level 5 Team Leader or Management qualification.
- Experience of Ofsted inspections.
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people.
- Experience of professionals meetings and working contributively with the professional network.
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- ‘Pay Care Scheme’, this is a company health care benefit.
- ‘Perk Box’, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well-known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award
- Childcare vouchers, aiming to assist employees with families.
- The successful applicant for the Registered Manager role will be expected to demonstrate commitment to training and development and must be capable of adapting their work practice to the ethos of the home.
Please feel free to contact James on 07520 633 102 or at [email protected] to discuss the opportunity further