Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £44229 - £48395
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Team Manager, ASYE Academy
£44,229 to £48,395
The Social Worker Development Programme known as the Academy was developed to offer support to Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSW) in their ASYE. It offers a structured programme of induction and supported practice, skills development and learning. Working alongside the fieldwork teams, workers will have the opportunity to undertake direct practice, shadowing and training, with a reduced caseload, enabling theory and practice to become aligned. As a Team Manager in the Academy, you will support Social Workers who have recently qualified and undertaking the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE), enabling them to build confidence and competencies in their new role.
About the role:
- You will provide your allocated Social Workers with regular supervision in terms of both casework and professional development, along with protected development time, enabling them to become a confident, capable and expert social worker.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring the requirements of the ASYE portfolio are met and will be the main assessor of practice for the workers.
- The Academy gives you the chance to be part of a new approach to social work induction and training in line with the Social Work Reform Board recommendations for NQSW’s working with children and families
- On top of being actually part of the new approach, you will have an opportunity to share in the development of this service.
Requirements of a Team Manager:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
- Have a proven record in first line management of Children’s fieldwork teams.
- Have extensive experience in managing Court and Child Protection Work and have a thorough understanding of theory and research relevant to social work practice.
What to expect:
- 24 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Generous Start up packages
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under our internal rewards scheme.
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]