Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Kelby Sharber
Salary: £41 - £41
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Team Manager – Child Protection and Court Proceedings (CP Team)
As a Team Manager you will be managing in a team based in Gloucester. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £41 p/h.
About the role:
- As a team manager you will support the Service manager in managing a team of social workers and family support workers and you will be the voice between management and social workers.
- You will line manage social workers which will include, supervision, case management, management of risk, performance management and supporting social workers to develop further and progress. An essential part of your role will be to balance supporting social workers in their roles, whilst also promoting and implementing the organisational goals and targets.
- Your role will include strategic work such as looking at recruitment and retention whilst working with the management team in Surrey to improve quality of services and develop processes and policies.
- You can become involved in work streams linked to specific areas such as Child Sexual Exploitation to develop and improve processes and knowledge within the county.
- You will work with professionals from various teams and services and network to ensure positive links between the team and other parts of the service to ensure effective multi-professional working. You will also have opportunities to develop your own skills and experience within Surrey and continue your own career progression
Requirements of a Team Manager:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
- Experience of working with Children on CP plans and in Care Proceedings is necessary.
- Previous managerial experience.
Can you see yourself working in Gloucester?
This job is advertised by Kelby; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Kelby on 07520 633759 or at [email protected]