Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Kelby Sharber
Salary: £41 - £41
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to manage an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Devon.
- As a team manager you will support the Service manager in managing a team of social workers and family support workers and you will be the voice between management and social workers.
- You will line manage social workers which will include, supervision, case management, management of risk, performance management and supporting social workers to develop further and progress. An essential part of your role will be to balance supporting social workers in their roles, whilst also promoting and implementing the organisational goals and targets.
- Your role will include strategic work such as looking at recruitment and retention whilst working with the management team in Surrey to improve quality of services and develop processes and policies.
- You can become involved in work streams linked to specific areas such as Child Sexual Exploitation to develop and improve processes and knowledge within the county.
- You will work with professionals from various teams and services and network to ensure positive links between the team and other parts of the service to ensure effective multi-professional working. You will also have opportunities to develop your own skills and experience within Surrey and continue your own career progression
Undertake court proceedings & carry caseloads.
Initiate and carry out local recruitment activities and analyse the effectiveness of methods used.
Carry out stringent assessment and presenting reports to panel.
Ensure that at all times you work with a commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
- Experience of working with Children on CP plans and in Care Proceedings is necessary.
- Previous managerial experience.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.