Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Jesse Miller
Salary: £40 - £40
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Team Manager to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Northamptonshire.
As a Team Manager, you will lead, manage and direct a Northamptonshire County Council social care team for First Response Team (Duty and Assessment) ensure that all children who are the responsibility of the relevant area team or centrally based service are safeguarded.
- To lead, manage and direct the day-to-day operation of children’s social care teams, comprising qualified social workers and family support staff. This involves allocation of work and prioritising workload across the teams, taking case related decisions in accordance with the scheme of delegated authority for children’s social care services. All duties must be carried out in accordance with prescribed standards, procedures and protocols, and within the relevant legislation governing the particular service area, to ensure the safeguarding of children within the community or statutory settings (children and young people subject to a child protection or child in need plan, subject to legal proceedings and/or looked after.
- To recruit, supervise, appraise, and develop staff in line with the Council’s requirements and in accordance with the statutory requirements for the relevant service area, to ensure that staff have the relevant skills, knowledge and training to provide an efficient and effective service.
- To develop and maintain partnership and multi-agency working, in order to ensure that services and agencies work together effectively to assess risk and respond to identified need to safeguard children and to promote effective information sharing with partner agencies. This will include proactively developing relationships with schools and other partners in local operational teams (LOTs) to promote effective prevention and early intervention and ensure that children, young people and families experience a smooth transition between targeted and specialist social care services.
- To develop and write the team plan which ensures that the relevant service contributes to meeting the objectives and performance targets set within the Children and Young People’s Directorate’s Service Plan and the Children and
- Young People’s Strategic Partnership’s Children and Young People’s Plan; to ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided, and to continually develop and improve the service for service users, performance managing the team to achieve the relevant objectives and targets. Developing the team plan will include the effective analysis of local need so that the service managers and county wide strategic planners can fine tune the deployment of resources to local need.
- To secure service improvements through effective audit, quality assurance, management of data systems, performance management of staff and timely management of complaints in accordance with the Council’s statements of required practice and external regulation and inspection.
- To ensure that health and safety requirements are met in relation to the relevant team and service location.
- To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post, including deputising for their line manager and representing the service as appropriate on internal and external projects and leading on those initiatives where appropriate to the role.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 5+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.