Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £49500 - £61430
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Team Manager, Looked After Children Team (LAC)
£49,500 – £61,430
As a Team Manager you will provide management direction for looked after children whose primary plan is long term care up to the age of 18 and working in partnership with our fostering and placements services. You’ll make sure the quality of professional practice is highly effective, that the social work is clear, simple and understood by children and their families. Your priority will be to ensure permanency planning is actively pursued across the team and the whole service and to reunify families where it is safe to do so.
About the role:
- As a team manager you will provide leadership to the team in the provision of a safe, high quality service to children and families that complies with legislation, guidance and local policies.
- To manage the performance of the team and ensure practice standards are maintained in line with national, corporate and team objectives.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of local plans and initiatives.
- To drive forward continuing improvement.
- To demonstrate and model a high standard of practice under their own direction, that reflects a value based approach to working with children and their families and is child centred.
- Works at a strategic level with colleagues to develop the overall service
Requirements of a Team Manager:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrates knowledge of relevant legislation, guidance and research and can apply it to work in the Looked after Children Service.
- Understands how national, regional and local polices impact on the strategic agenda.
- Demonstrate management expertise, and support team members to deliver a quality service
- LAC Experience is ESSENTIAL
What to expect:
- 33 days Annual Leave
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- Flexible working to enable work life balance
- Reflective supervision and management support
- Excellent training opportunities and an established CPD programme
- Retention Bonuses + Increased Holiday after 5 years’ service
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851