Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £50000 - £54453
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity based within a “GOOD” rated London Borough.
Our Clients Children’s Service has big ambitions for the future – and is a place where you can realise yours. If you are a dedicated and creative social work manager looking to make your mark, develop your career and improve the lives of children and their families, their forward-thinking Families Directorate should be your next career destination. They are a supportive, challenging and inspirational team, striving towards the shared purpose of achieving independence, choice and the best possible results for their service users.
- To provide professional leadership for staff within children’s social care services, supporting them to have the appropriate tools to carry out their role.
- To be responsible for the overall monitoring and performance of individuals and the team as a whole
- To develop and implement the Team’s Business Plan, ensuring that it reflects the Children’s Services Plan.
- To develop and maintain efficient and effective systems in place to ensure compliance with procedures and recording systems.
- To ensure that all Team members receive effective induction, supervision, appraisal and support
- To ensure a high level of communication with the Head of Service or their deputy around complex cases, Members’ enquiries and any performance concerns within their Team. To communicate appropriately and effectively across the Council and with partner agencies.
- To deputise for the Service Manager as required.
- To be an active member of the service’s Management Team, and to contribute to strategic policy and procedural developments.
- Qualifications : Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience : Broad Knowledge of Social Work practice and legislation, including safeguarding. Experience of working with Children on CP plans and in Care Proceedings is necessary, previously managerial experience is also required.
- Compliance : Up to date HCPC registration and DBS
- Travel : Ability to commute to and from work independently however a Driving License is preferred
- Hours : 36 hours p/w
What to expect:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free life assurance
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Childcare vouchers and paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave.
- Subsidised meals and free car parking where available
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]