Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £44229 - £48395
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Team Manager / Deputy Service Manager, Fostering Specialist
Redhill or Woking, Surrey
£44,229 to £48,395
We are looking for an enthusiastic Team manager with an interest in Children with Disabilities. The successful applicant will lead a committed team of social workers who recruit, assess and supervise short break foster carers and foster carers who look after children with a range of additional needs. Surrey’s vibrant Fostering Service has its main offices in either Redhill or Woking – so the candidate has the choice as to which base they would like to work in.
About the role:
- Your role will be to manage a team of social workers, who have a passion to find the right foster carers for children with additional needs. Your role will also include other wider aspects of the fostering service.
- You will deputise for the Service Manager in ensuring operational effectiveness of the teams, overseeing workloads and supervising social workers and family support workers.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed and in exceptional circumstances this may require them to manage a case directly to ensure safe resolution.
- Provide professional support, advice and/or supervision.
Requirements of a Team Manager:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification
- Substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with, children and young people, and in working with parents, families, carers and networks to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people.
- Willingness to develop supervisory skills, and to take responsibility for own development using relevant practice research, legislation, peer/user feedback and participative supervision and appraisal processes to facilitate social work progression.
What to expect:
- 24 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Generous Start up packages
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under our internal rewards scheme.
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]